New York – December 14, 2012 – Minus5 Ice Bar, which opened America’s first ice bar at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, in September 2008, and a sister property inside Monte Carlo Resort & Casino in 2010, is proud to announce the opening of its third permanent U.S. location inside Hilton New York, located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas, between West 53rd and 54th Streets in the heart of midtown Manhattan.
The new Minus5 Ice Bar, scheduled for a March 2013 opening, includes all the frozen beauty of the originals where everything is made of 100% ice including the bar, tables, benches, walls and even the glasses guests drink from; which are shipped in from New Zealand. The 2,500 square-foot space will be full of world-class ice sculptures and unique hand-carved pieces, created by some of the most talented ice carvers in the world.
“After more than four years in Las Vegas operating America’s first and only true ice bars, we are thrilled to be coming to New York City,” said Minus5 Founder and Vice President of Development, Craig Ling. “Minus5 is more than a bar, it’s a true entertainment destination location, and the perfect place to go before a night on the town, for a group outing or a place for locals to take visitors.”
Minus5 Ice Bar Fun Facts
· Icy wonderland that celebrates the art of ice at a frosty temperature of -5° Celsius (23° Fahrenheit)
· Stylish faux fur hats, boots and jackets are part of the VIP experience
· Explore intricately handcrafted sculptures and architecture made from 100% pure Canadian ice
· Imagine translucent ice walls, an ice bar, ice tables and ice seating covered with faux fur pelts
· Sculptures reflect the season, location or even custom corporate logos and products for private functions
· Custom designed drinking glasses made of ice are created and shipped frozen from New Zealand
· Signature drinks feature premium vodka, but the bar also offers and array of beer and other fine spirits
· Printed photos await guests as they complete their tour and guests are given the opportunity to purchase anything from an Eskimo hat, to the “coolest” Minus5 clothing gear.
Minus5 has been critically acclaimed since day one, and has been featured on dozens of national TV programs including Travel Channel’s Trip Flip, Extreme Vegas and Vegas’ Top Lounges, E! Entertainment’s Holly’s World, CMT’s Texas Women, Fox New Year’s Eve Live from Las Vegas, Animal Planet’s Tanked, and ABC’s Live With Regis and Kelly, just to name a few.
“The Minus5 brand concept is more than just a bar, it’s an entertainment experience the likes of which New Yorkers have not seen previously in this city,” said Mark Lauer, general manager, Hilton New York. “Minus5 Ice Bar will not only attract hotel guests but local residents alike, making the corner of West 53rd Street and Sixth Avenue a prime entertainment destination location in midtown Manhattan. We are really excited to be bringing it to our flagship Hilton Hotel & Resort property in New York City.”
Created in New Zealand in 2001, Minus5 is a unique ice-themed experience where guests enjoy quality vodka cocktails served in a glass made of pure ice, all within in the beauty of a -5° Celsius (23° Fahrenheit) ice environment. This cool experience begins with donning Minus5 parkas, gloves and boots and entering a frozen room complete with ice walls, an ice bar, ice seating covered with faux fur pelts, ice tables, and a variety of ice sculptures. The experience is rounded out with a state-of-the-art sound and LED light show. Upon exiting, guests can purchase permanent memories of their time spent at Minus5 Ice Bar including high-quality logoed clothing, framed photographs and other merchandise. To learn more visit www.minus5experience.com. Find them on Facebook and Twitter @Minus5IceBar.