Check out some treats and some tricks to help put a twist on the traditional and breathe some life into upcoming Day of the Dead parties.
· Disguise Guests With Festive Masks – Face painting on this holiday is a powerful symbol to remember the dead. Keep up the Mexican tradition by having guests create their own “calacas,” providing them with the wooden masks and paint they need to get in touch with their festive side.
· Add a Pop of Color – The spirit of the holiday encourages vibrant creativity from its participants as it represents a joyful afterlife. This year, stay away from the typical orange and black and add a pop of color, such as marigold instead.
· Get Decadent with Your Dishes – Day of the Dead is not complete without the traditional “tequila” bread. Remaster your must-have “Day of the Bread” recipe by replacing the standard tequila addition with Sauza® 901® for an elegant twist.
· Serve Frightfully Delicious Cocktails – Tequila is a staple for any Mexican holiday, but to add a premium feel to this year’s festivities, incorporate the smooth taste of Sauza 901 through the below recipe…
· 2 parts Sauza® 901®
· 1 part fresh grapefruit juice
· ½ part honey syrup
· Grapefruit wedge for garnish
Preparation: Combine ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Shake well for 10 seconds. Serve in a martini glass. Garnish with grapefruit wedge.