Everyone loves a good beer or wine trail, and now, Mohegan Sun Casino is giving cocktail lovers another reason to savor the fall season through the Connecticut Signature Cocktail Trail, which celebrates New England’s thriving cocktail culture and the restaurants, bars and destinations that embrace innovative mixology.
This fall, Mohegan is offering a trail within the CT cocktail trail, featuring nine fall-themed cocktails available at various restaurants and bars throughout the resort, including:
· Vista Lounge’s Vista Bella which introduces Crown Royal to Sour Apple Pucker and Grand Marnier, served with a cinnamon sugar rim and an apple wedge
· SolToro’s Brown Sugar Maple Manhattan with muddled cherries and oranges, Jim Beam Maple, brown sugar and bitters
· Tuscany’s Fall Storm which combines Jameson Irish Whiskey and Hiram Walker Caramel Apple Liquor with a splash of ginger beer, garnished with lime
Not planning a trip to Connecticut this fall? No worries! – Check out the below recipes so you can experience Mohegan Sun’s signature cocktails at home!
Bella Vista (from VISTA Lounge)
– 2/3 oz Crown Royal
– 1-2/3 oz Apple Pucker liquor
– 2/3 oz Grand Mariner
– 1 Apple slice
Pour ingredients into a shaker. Shake well. Rim a martini glass with cinnamon sugar. Strain cocktail into martini glass and garnish with a fresh apple slice wedge.
Brown Sugar Maple Old Fashioned (from SolToro)
– 2 oz of Maple Whiskey (we use Jim Beam Maple, but Crown Royal Makes a fantastic maple whiskey as well)
– 2-3 maraschino cherries
– 1 small orange wedge
– 2-3 dashes of bitters
– ½ teaspoon of brown sugar (be careful with the brown sugar, it’s easy to over-do it, and drastically changes the character of the cocktail)
– Splash of cold water on top
Muddle the cherries, orange, brown sugar and bitters in the glass, fill it with ice pour in your whiskey, give it a little shake and top it with a splash of cold water.
Tuscan Fall Tini (from Todd English’s Tuscany)
– 2 oz. Bacardi Big Apple Rum
– ½ oz. Caramel Apple Liquor
– ½ oz. St. Germain
– 1 Apple slice
Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake with ice. Pour into a Martini glass with a sugared/Cinnamon rim. Garnish with an Apple slice.
Fall Storm (from Todd English’s Tuscany)
– 1 ½ oz. Jameson
– ½ oz. Carmel Apple Liquor
– 3 oz. Ginger Beer
– 1 Lime slice
Add all ingredients into highball glass. Garnish with lime.