There’s no denying it’s been a long, cold winter and that we’re all ready for the warmer spring weather. The good news is that spring is almost officially here!
TODAY marks the First Day of Spring, and what better way to welcome the warmer weather than with a refreshing bourbon cocktail! This year, Basil Hayden’s and Knob Creek Bourbon have created two light and crisp cocktails that serve as the perfect compliment to the warm weather.
Basil Hayden’s Spring Fling cocktail combines the trademark spicy finish of Basil Hayden’s bourbon with hydrating coconut water, tart pink lemonade and bubbly ginger ale to create a light and refreshing bourbon cocktail you’ll want to sip all season long.
Looking for a heartier cocktail? The Knob Creek Smoke & Char cocktail combines the flavors of freshly grilled peaches with Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon, lemon juice and fresh basil for a savory cocktail with just enough sweetness to help you kick off the start of spring!
No matter which cocktail you choose to celebrate this March 20th, you can’t go wrong with bourbon. So, sit back and relax with a warm weather cocktail while you kiss the cold, harsh weather goodbye – spring is on its way!
Basil Hayden’s® Spring Fling
1 1/4 part Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
1 part Coconut Water
1 part Pink Lemonade
1 part Ginger Ale
1. Add bourbon to a highball glass and fill with ice.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
3. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Knob Creek® Smoke & Char
Created by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
2 parts Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon
1/4 part Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 part Demerara Syrup
2 slices of Charred Peaches
4 Large Basil Leaves
1. Char peach slices on grill until nice grill marks appear.
2. Muddle charred peach slices with basil leaves and set aside.
3. Add Knob Creek Smoked Maple, fresh lemon juice, Demerara syrup and muddled peach and basil mixture to a cocktail shaker with ice.
4. Shake and strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.