New York – A cozy respite from winter in New York City, the Après at The Knick installation has returned to St. Cloud at The Knickerbocker Hotel. The luxury lifestyle hotel and registered New York City landmark has once again transformed its indoor Club Room into an alpine lodge, curated by Celebrity Chef Charlie Palmer. Whereas weary skiers settle down after a day on the slopes at the foot of a mountain, Après at the Knick invites shoppers, sightseers, and locals alike to take the lift up to the 17th floor for an elevated evening high above the bustling city streets. Once arrived, guests will nosh on seasonal dishes and sample the newly-launched hot cocktail menu created by head Mixologist, Steven Rhea.
Designed by Mitch Kolby Events, Après at The Knick transforms the rooftop Club Room into an urban winter retreat overlooking 42nd Street and Broadway. A custom-designed white birch arch warmly welcomes guests to enter the piney enclave, while faux fur rugs, throws, and pillows create the plush tactility that compels one to linger a little while longer.
Rhea’s hot cocktail menu features five craft beverages, sure to warm guests on even the coldest New York City nights. Made with the season’s signature ingredients, the soon-to-be signature beverages include:
· Chartreuse Hot Chocolate, green chartreuse, genepy, centerba, valrhona chocolate and juniper whipped cream
· Cowboy Coffee, Guatemalan coffee, Anejo tequila, angostura, cinnamon and maple
· Hot Buttered Rum, Haitian and Caribbean-spiced rum, butter and cinnamon
Under the direction of Celebrity Chef Charlie Palmer, Executive Chef Christopher Engel has created an alpine-themed menu of comforting winter dishes, including the return of the hotel’s celebrated Raclette tables. Guests can customize their interactive Raclette experience, choosing from a variety of cheese, meat, vegetables and bread pairing options. A traditional shot of Schnapps naturally accompanies the spread. Additional menu highlights include:
· Curry Wurst, cheesy pork sausage with crispy onions and french fries
· Soft Pretzels & Schmieren, pretzel rolls with spicy mustard, country pate and pickles
· Wiener Schnitzel, breaded veal cutlet with potato-cucumber salad, lemon and parsley
· Kaiserschmarren, austrian-style pancake with rum-raisins, lingonberry compote and vanilla ice crème.
Après at The Knick is open for the season and will close at the end of March.
St. Cloud is now available to reserve on OpenTable.
To make a reservation, please visit https://m.opentable.com/restaurants/st-cloud/152635.
For more information, please email StCloud@theknickerbocker.com, or visit http://theknickerbocker.com