New York City’s first-ever, glow-in-the-dark light bulb martini, created by master mixologist, Rael Petit.
The Illumination cocktail was designed exclusively for World Martini Day.
· World Martini Day: This cocktail was created exclusively for World Martini Day, where consumers can order “The Illumination” at Delilah in New York City
· Main Ingredients: The glowing cocktail features elit Vodka and illuminates with the help of Vitamin B2 and is reactive to a black light
· Ice sculpture: The cocktail rests underneath an ice sculpture that doubles as a cooling system, chilling the cocktail to perfection before it is served
· To serve: The cocktail is inserted into the ice sphere through a hole that is formed by a blow torch and once the cocktail is chilled, consumers can reach their hand in and enjoy the drink
· Inspiration: With a futuristic and premium look, Rael was inspired to create The Illumination using elit Vodka because the brand is most recognized for its freeze filtration method
· Availability: 6/15 – 6/30
· Price: The cocktail is $50 a glass
Created by Rael Petit, Bartender at Delilah (NYC)
2 parts elit Vodka
¾ part Dolin Dry Vermouth
¾ part Dolin White Vermouth
4 drops Vitamin B2
Method: Garnish the drink with a cocktail onion on a metal skewer. To serve, place drink into ice vessel by burning the side of the ice with a torch then place drink in the bottom. To drink, reach hand inside ice sphere and remove from ice to enjoy.
Ice sphere method: Fill balloon to desired size, release air bubble from the top, tie and hang in freezer with a plate underneath. Wait until a shell is frozen. Use a blow torch in the center of the ice sculpture to make a hole. Then release the water and continue to use the blow torch to make the hole bigger. Return it to the freezer until it’s time to serve.