Whether you’re Irish or not, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, Knob Creek Bourbon, Cruzan Rum, and Laphroaig Scotch are here to help get you in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit with cocktail recipes that are perfect for a day of festivities or relaxing at home. We’re sure these cocktails will shamrock your world!
Basil Hayden’s® Spiced Shamrock
By Jason Asher (Phoenix, AZ)
2 Parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
½ Lemon muddled with Thai basil leaf
1 Part Aperol
¾ Part Simple Syrup (1:1 ratio of equal parts sugar and water)
1 Grapefruit peel (for garnish)
1 Thai basil leaf (for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake for 6 seconds
2. Double strain over ice into a rocks glass
3. Garnish with a grapefruit peel and Thai basil leaf
Knob Creek® Ginger Twist
By Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
1 ½ Parts Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
¾ Part fresh lemon juice
¾ Part JDK & Sons Fleur Handcrafted Elderflower Liqueur
1. Add Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey, fresh lemon juice and elderflower liqueur into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake ingredients and strain into Collins glass filled with ice.
3. Top with ginger beer and garnish with an Angostura® Bitters Floater.
Cruzan® Emerald Daiquiri
1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 Lime, juiced
Melon Balls or Lime Wheels
1. Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass with optional sugared rim
2. Garnish with a melon ball and/or lime wheel on the rim.
Laphroaig® Last Laph
Created by Austin mixologist Justin Lavenue
3/4 Part Laphroaig® Select
3/4 Part Ginger Liqueur
3/4 Part Pineapple Juice
3/4 Part Lemon Juice
3 Dashes Absinthe Verte
Spring of Mint (for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well. 2. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a mint sprig.