Burgundy, France (October 2, 2018) – Smash-hit wine brand Luc Belaire has released a new video starring music sensation Diamond Platnumz, who has also offered fans a Belaire cocktail recipe of his own making.
The video follows Diamond as he enters a club, greeting the barman before proceeding to take the bartending into his own hands. Diamond juggles bottles of Belaire Rosé and Belaire Luxe, throwing a Luxe bottle so high into the air that he has time to dance, flirt and check his Rolex while waiting for the bottle to reappear! He pours glasses for the gathering crowd and joins the dance floor. Diamond wears a Belaire cap and limited edition varsity jacket, which he co-designed with Belaire, updating the brand’s signature design to include African inspired patterned sleeves, embroidery and patches.
The unique video is a creative collaboration between Diamond and Belaire, fusing the artist’s love of cocktails with his natural flair for performance. And whilst the tricks themselves may be aided by a professional, Diamond is keen to use some of the moves he learned on-set at his next night out! The hitmaker has also created a special cocktail recipe for use with either of his favourite Belaire bottles, Belaire Luxe and Belaire Luxe Rosé.
Diamond Platnumz says “I’m drawn to the creativity of cocktails and I’ve always had a natural flair for performance. I picked up a few tips from the professional we worked with and I’m definitely going to try out some moves the next time I’m partying. My go-to bottles are Belaire Luxe and Belaire Luxe Rosé. I like a sweet, fragrant cocktail with that extra touch of luxury that Belaire adds.”
– 100ml lychee juice
– ½ tbsp agave syrup or clear honey
– 2 teaspoon lemon juice
– 2 drops of rose water, to taste
– 200ml chilled Belaire Luxe or Belaire Luxe Rosé
Step by step
– Pour the lychee juice and the agave syrup into a cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes.
– Add 2 drops of rose water and 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
– Shake vigorously and taste (Diamond’s tip: you may need to add a few more drops of rose water but don’t overdo it).
– Strain into 2 coup glasses, top up with Belaire Luxe or Belaire Luxe Rosé and use a long spoon to gently mix.
– Garnish with rose petals and lychee slices.
Diamond’s latest collaboration with Belaire follows an in-depth interview for the brand’s Self Made Tastes Better campaign, which saw him share his journey to becoming East Africa’s biggest star and a global music sensation. He has since worked with hip hop mogul and Belaire supporter Rick Ross on the tune “Waka,” which trended on Youtube, and became a summer anthem.