Memorial Day is coming up this weekend, and we wanted to introduce two cocktails from Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky, both made by top NYC mixologist Ivy Mix.
Laphroaig’s Back Yard Collins is perfect for the beer drinker who wants to try something different, as it combines the smokiness found in Laphroaig Select with citrus flavors and light lager to create a refreshing summer cocktail.
The Laphroaig Smoked Independence blends peaty Laphroaig 10 YO with pineapple and pomegranate to create a delicious sweet yet smoky cocktail you’ll want to share with your friends.
Laphroaig® Back Yard Collins
Recipe by Ivy Mix, NYC
1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® Select
3/4 part Cherry Heering® Liqueur
3/4 part lemon juice
1/2 part orange juice
1/2 part vanilla syrup* (sub-recipe below)
1 Dash Angostura® Bitters
Light lager beer
Lemon wheel (for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients except lager in a cocktail shaker, shake and strain into a Collins glass with fresh ice. 2. Top with a light lager beer and garnish with a lemon wheel.
1 cup water 1 cup sugar 1 vanilla bean (split open)
1. Combine vanilla syrup ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Let cool and strain.
Laphroaig® Smoked Independence Recipe by Ivy Mix, NYC
1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® 10 Year Old
1/2 part pineapple rum
3/4 part lime juice
3/4 part simple syrup
Barspoon pomegranate molasses
1. Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
3. Garnish with a lime wheel.