Cinco de Mayo is quickly approaching, which can only mean one thing: it’s time to get ready for your Cinco fiesta!
Corona Extra believes that every Cinco party begins when you pop the cap and drop a lime into a Corona, or when you mix up a tasty Corona libation! With delicious options like the Classic Coronarita - or for a sweeter twist, the Watermelon Beer Rita - there’s a festive and fun Corona option sure to satisfy everyone’s taste buds this Cinco! If you’re also looking for festive fare to sweeten up your dessert spread, the Corona de Mayo Cupcakes featuring Corona Light are always a sure crowd pleaser.
If you’re in the mood to put your mixology skills to the test, try The Modelo Oaxcan cocktail, which offers a refreshing blend of Modelo Especial, orange-infused Mezcal, fresh agave and lemon juice. Pair it with a signature Modelo dish, like the Classic Queso Fundido with Chorizo and Rajas or the Chipotle Chicken Tinga Tacos and you’ll be set for your best Cinco yet.
1 7oz. Coronita® Extra
2 oz. Tequila
1.5 oz. Triple Sec
.5 oz. Simple Syrup
1.5 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1. Combine tequila, triple sec, simple syrup and fresh lime juice in a shaker. Fill halfway with ice and shake well.
2. Rim a schooner glass with salt and fill with ice.
3. Strain the mixture into the glass.
4. Open the bottle of Coronita Extra and flip it upside down so it’s dunked into the drink.
5. Add a lime wedge and a straw.
Watermelon Beer Rita
Recipe created by The Southern Thing
2 cups seedless watermelon, rind removed
3 tablespoons simple syrup
3/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup lime juice
1 1/2 cups ice (add more as needed)
Cold Corona Light®
Lime wedges (for garnish)
1. Remove seed and rind from watermelon and cut into cubes.
2. In a blender, combine watermelon, simple syrup, lime juice, tequila and ice, then blend.
3. Dampen the rim of a large margarita glass or beer mug, then twist the rim in margarita salt.
4. Pour contents of blender into a chilled glass, a little more than half full.
5. Carefully place an ice cold Corona into a margarita glass and garnish with a fresh lime and serve.
The Modelo Oaxacan
Recipe created by Michael Bocanegra + Matthew Wienholt (Austin, TX)
3 oz. Modelo Especial
11/4 oz. Orange Infused Mezcal
1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 oz. Agave
Pinch of Salt
Lime or Lemon
1. Combine ice, orange infused mezcal, lemon juice, salt, and agave in a shaker and shake like crazy until thin layer of ice builds up around tin.
2. Salt the rim of a highball glass.
3. Strain and top off with Modelo Especial.
4. Garnish with lime or lemon wedge.