Don’t know where to celebrate “National Rum Day” tomorrow? (Tuesday, August 16)
Check out some venues around New York City that highlight one of summer’s favorite spirits, RUM!..and will keep you tipsy all National Rum Day long!
The Rum House (228 West 47th St., New York, NY 10036) – Make yourself at home in Times Square’s top cocktail bar specializing in expertly crafted rum-forward drinks and spirit selection.
· Daiquiri Your Way ($14-15) Try the classic made with Caña Brava rum or shake it up with choice of Plantation Pineapple flavored rum, Santa Teresa 1796 dark rum or El Dorado Superior White rum in honor of Ernest Hemingway, the drink’s most legendary celebrity fan.
· The Escape ($14) takes you away to tropical climes with El Dorado Dark Rum, Coconut Crème, pineapple juice and sweet vermouth.
· Hot in the City ($15) beats the sweltering city heat with a cool mix of Smith & Cross Rum, Orgeat, lemon and Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur for a kick of spice.
· Brooklyn ($15) ups your hip factor with a blend of El Dorado 5 Year Rum, Old Overholt Rye, Ramazzotti Amaro, Maraschino and dry vermouth.
· Additional house originals, classics like Dark & Stormy, Mojito, Tortuga, Cuban and rum-based versions of the Old Fashioned, Negroni and more are also offered.
· Recipes by Chief Creative Officer Kenneth McCoy / Photo credit: Paul Wagtouicz
McCarren Hotel & Pool (160 North 12th St., Brooklyn, NY 11249) – An urban retreat located in the heart of Williamsburg, Brooklyn’s most vibrant neighborhood, the stylish boutique hotel features one of the city’s largest outdoor hotel pools, a rooftop bar, restaurant and 64 modern rooms and suites.
Seasonal pool and rooftop menus include:
· Island Mule ($14), a rum-tastic version of a Moscow Mule, this summer sizzler mixes up Blackwell Rum, Tempus Fugit Creme de Cacao, lime, cane sugar, Regatta ginger beer and Angostura bitters.
· Bahia ($14) channels Brazilian vibes with Santa Teresa Claro Rum, Caffo Amaretto, pineapple and Coco Lopez coconut milk.
· Recipe by Bar Director Francis Verrall / Photo credit: Conor Harrigan
Gallow Green (542 West 27th St., New York, NY 10001) – A lush garden rooftop bar offering a respite from New York’s bustling city streets atop The McKittrick Hotel. Specializing in potent cocktails, signature large format punches and seasonal cuisine.
· Fresh Cut ($17), a refreshing combination of Banks Rum with cucumber, epazote leaves and a hint of Chartreuse
· Recipe by Gallow Green / Photo credit: Noah Fecks
Loews Regency New York Hotel (540 Park Ave., New York, NY, 10065) – Located on Park Avenue in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, the iconic hotel provides both business travelers and leisure guests with a bevy of luxurious amenities and exclusive offerings. The property boasts The Regency Bar & Grill, home of the “Power Breakfast.”
· Orchata Especial ($21) Siete Tequila, Bacardi Superior Rum, Agave Syrup, Rice Milk, Cinnamon
· Old Cuban ($21) Blanquette de Limoux Antech, Diplomatico Blanco Rum, Mint, Lime, Angostura Bitters
· Recipe by Andre Compeyre / Photo credit: Loews Regency New York