This morning, nine famed New York City chefs, including chef-owner of Red Rooster Harlem Marcus Samuelsson, Matthew Lambert of The Musket Room, and renowned French Pastry Chef Francois Payard, descended on Lexington, Kentucky for the 2015 Breeders’ Cup where Triple Crown winner American Pharoah will run for horseracing’s first ever Grand Slam title on Saturday, October 31st.
The chefs traveled together on a private Sentient Jet, and were greeted by renowned chef and horseman Bobby Flay on the tarmac in Lexington.
The chefs are at Breeders’ Cup to cook at a VIP, invite-only culinary event, Taste of the World, which will be hosted by Bobby Flay. One of the most exclusive, highly-anticipated annual entertainment events surrounding the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Taste of the World will feature a special live performance by multiple Grammy-winner Tim McGraw. The chefs will prepare dishes from their native countries. There are 15 countries that have horses running in the 2015 Breeders’ Cup.
Here is the full roster of chefs:
· Aarón Sánchez (Argentina), Paloma / Johnny Sanchez (NYC)
· Marcus Samuelsson (South Africa), Red Rooster Harlem (NYC)
· Francois Payard (France), FP Patisserie, FPB (NYC)
· Janine Booth (Australia), Root & Bone (NYC)
· Wolfgang Ban (Germany), Edi & The Wolf (NYC)
· Matt Lambert (New Zealand), The Musket Room (NYC)
· Richard Sandoval (Brazil), Maya / Pampano and many more (NYC)
· Noah Bernamoff (Canada), Mile End Deli (NYC)
· Kelvin Fernandez (Venezuela), La Marina (NYC)
· Jason Hicks (U.K.), The Peacock / Jones Wood Foundry (NYC)