This Sunday, March 10, marks Daylight Savings, when everyone will be forced to push the clocks an hour ahead and loose an hour of sleep! So before we all spring ahead, why not take the weekend to slow things down by sipping on the season’s freshest ingredients.
The Basil Hayden’s® Spring Forward made with the season’s freshest ingredients is the ideal cocktail to toast to the impending spring season which will be here sooner than you know it!
Basil Hayden’s® Spring Forward Julep
(Created by Joy Perrine, Louisville)
4 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
4 chopped Strawberries
10 Kentucky Colonel or Spearmint Leaves
4 Lemon Wedges
1 part Water
2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1. Muddle brown sugar and water in pint glass until sugar dissolves.
2. Add chopped strawberries, lemon wedges and mint leaves and muddle well.
3. Add Basil Hayden’s and shake.
4. Add ice and shake once again.
5. Strain cocktail over crushed ice and garnish with a mint sprig and strawberry.