This Valentine’s Day, instead of surprising your date with the typical chocolates for dessert, why not spice up the night with something sweeter and sexier?
As the newest venture of the Maloof family, ZING Vodka has released a few Valentine surprises which include Mama Maloof’s very own recipe for red velvet cake, as well as ZING Red Velvet cocktails that were created by Mixologist Niccole Trzaska.
Mama Maloof’s Red Velvet Cake
7 oz butter
3 cups of sugar
3 oz of red food coloring
4 tlsp cocoa powder
5 cups of a.p. flour
2 tsp salt
2 cups of butter milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking soda
1½ lb cream cheese
3 lb powder sugar
1 lb butter
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter with sugar until sugar is light brown.
- Mix in half of the dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda), followed by mixing in half of the wet ingredients (eggs, butter milk, vanilla extract).
- Duplicate this process by mixing in the remaining dry ingredients, then the remaining wet ingredients.
- Lastly, mix in the red food coloring and cocoa powder then pour into baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 min if oven has a fan Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min if oven doesn’t have a fan
In a mixing bowl, mix butter with cream cheese until fluffy and add sugar.
Red Velvet Chocolate Icing Cocktail
1.5 oz RV ZING
.75 Heavy Cream
.75 oz of Chocolate Simple Syrup
Shake and strain, served up
Red Velvet Shortcake Cocktail
1.5 oz Red Velvet ZING
2 oz of Cream soda
Splash of lemon juice
Muddle 2 fresh strawberries
Add all ingredients together, except the cream
Soda, shake together and strain over fresh ice.